Thursday, October 24, 2002

My 100 things about me- Fourth 20
61. Most of my ancestors came from Ireland and Wales. One great-grandfather came from Italy.
62. I belong to the local St. David's Society, a group for people of Welsh ethnicity.
63. As far as I know, I'm the only Catholic member.
64. My favorite hymns to sing in Welsh: Cwm Rhondda and Calon Lan
65. Every time I attend a Gymanfa Ganu (hymn-singing), I enjoy the singing, but then get a bit sad that Welsh Catholics are such a minority, both in Wales and here.
66. I have medals of Our Lady from two shrines: the Rue de Bac and Walsingham.
67. I wish I could visit the Holy Land but I have no money, and no desire to get shot at or blown up.
68. The first factor prevents me from visiting Rome, either.
69. Ditto for England.
70. I agree with Dr. Janet Smith that Pope Paul VI spoke prophetically in Humanae Vitae .
71. One of my favorite movie lines, ever..."It's not going to bed with a man that proves that you love him..It's getting up with him in the morning ! " - Henry Fonda, in Yours, Mine and Ours
72. I have a weakness for 'nature shows'.
73. Part of this may be because when the subjects start acting like animals, at least they have the excuse of actually being animals.
74. I like Flannery O' Connor's fiction.
75. Favorite short story: "The Lame Shall Enter First"
76. Runners-up: "Revelation" and "Parker's Back"
77. However, her letters in The Habit of Being make me uneasy at times.
78. I think every artist or writer, but especially Christian ones, should read "Leaf by Niggle" by J.R.R. Tolkien.
79. It's not a bad idea for average Tolkien fans either.
80. I hope that maybe something I write, or do, will help to give someone a glimpse of the Mountains....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home