Monday, November 18, 2002

My patrons

John Da Fiesole has a list of his patron saints. I think this is great, and herewith post a list of mine.
1. The Blessed Virgin Mary -
I have particular devotion to her patronage under the titles "Our Lady of Walsingham", "Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal" and "Our Lady of Vallicella".
2. St. Jeanne D'arc - My confirmation name saint.
3. St. Philip Neri - Founder of the Congregation of the Oratory.
4. The Forty Martyrs of England and Wales -Some of the most amazing saints I've ever read about, and far too little known in the US !
5. Venerable John Henry Newman. C.O.- I know, he's not canonized yet. I'm including him anyway.
I could list many, many more saints, but these five are particularly close to my heart. This was made particularly obvious to me when an ill-considered attack on Number 4. was made by a man who claims to be a follower of Number 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home