Saturday, November 16, 2002

I wondered when this Servant of the White Hand would crawl out of the woodwork...
Matthew Fox is making odd public statements again. Thank God he's no longer doing it as a representative of the Church. The paragraph which really gets me is the last one.
"The bad news is, our institutions are failing us right and left," he concludes. "The good news is: What a moment for creativity. We should let these old institutions die ... and take what's worthwhile and give birth to new institutions that address life with creativity and love."
"Letting the old institutions die"... as if he and his dissenting friends didn't do their very best to poison the Church from within.... The man even dares to use the wonderful words "creativity and love", which properties are the attributes of God, in order to advance his agenda of destruction. "The words of this wizard stand on their heads... In the language of Orthanc help means ruin, and saving means slaying, that is plain. " ("The Voice of Saruman", The Two Towers, J.R.R. Tolkien)

UPDATE: I should have put in that I found this link courtesy of Amy Welborn . I'm sorry. I was in something of a hurry earlier today.
FURTHER UPDATE: I fixed the link. Sorry, Nihil Obstat .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home