Sunday, March 02, 2003

Got my first look at the future National Newman Library yesterday...
Wow.
It's only up to 3,000-something books as of yet, but I think it's off to a great start. Besides books directly by and about the Venerable, there are books on topics related to his life, such as the Oxford Movement, Patristics, Oratorianism, and such.

I, along with a bunch of other folks, was helping to do some cataloguing of the current collection. The section I worked on was labeled "Catholicism in England-Recusancy and Restoration". One of the books was called "The Catholic Families", and it was about the aristocratic recusant families which held onto the Faith through the centuries of persecution. I mention it because I spotted a chapter title which made me smile...
"Red Hats and Coronets" !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home