Wednesday, April 02, 2003

I will not blow my stack..I will not blow my stack....I will not blow my stack...
In my just mentioned Google search, I came across an egregious idiot listing my beloved Venerable Newman on a list of 'gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered saints'. ( To be fair, he did state that the Venerable 'almost certainly abstained from expressing his sexuality genitally.' )
His evidence for this ? That Venerable Newman wept bitterly over the death of his closest friend Fr. Ambrose St. John and requested that after his own death, he would be buried in the same grave .

Apparently, this man has no understanding of a. spiritual friendship b. pre-Victorian and Victorian-era sentimentality ......

At least the Venerable was in good company... in my quick glance I saw St. Paul and St. Jeanne Darc tarred with the same brush, and on evidence as slender-to-nonexistent.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home