Sunday, December 21, 2003

Yes, I saw the movie yesterday....(SPOILERS!)
I could nitpick until the cows come home, and I didn't care for the depiction of Denethor or the Frodo/Sam 'rift', short-lived though it was... but I was on the edge of my seat for most of it and was in tears during the Grey Havens scene. Not perfect by a long shot, but I think it's an impressive effort and am looking forward to the extended edition.

Actually, I may be a bit easier on the films than some, simply because I have seen them interest a lot of people in the book. Anything that gets more people to read the Professor tends to win my approval by that very fact. (For example, before the movies, you did not see copies of the three volumes on grocery store bookracks. Now they are everywhere. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home