Friday, January 14, 2005

While going through the Catholic blogs...
I came across Barbara Nicolosi's Church of the Masses, and her "Emily Monday". I'm afraid Dickinson was ruined for me back in high school, when one of my classmates informed me that much of her poetry can be sung to the tune of "The Yellow Rose of Texas". However, I am fond of this bit of verse.

The Rat is the concisest Tenant.
He pays no Rent.
Repudiates the Obligation --
On Schemes intent

Balking our Wit
To sound or circumvent --
Hate cannot harm
A Foe so reticent --
Neither Decree prohibit him --
Lawful as Equilibrium.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the topic of rats: researchers have found that they have an ear for languages:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/11/health/11anim.html

--Don

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home