Wednesday, April 06, 2005

On April 6, 1999...
I became a member of the Secular Oratory of St. Philip Neri in Pittsburgh. In honor of this, here are some prayers invoking St.Philip's intercession:

O holy Father St. Philip, I beseech thee, by the abundance of the gifts thou didst receive from God, both of nature and of grace, and by the glory thou enjoyest in Heaven, to help me to obtain the joys of Paradise.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

O most loving Father St. Philip, I beseech thee, by the gladness which fills thy heart in enjoying the presence of the Most Holy Virgin in Heaven, to obtain for me a true devotion to her, that she may look upon me as her servant and daughter.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

O most glorious Father St. Philip, I beseech thee, by the burning zeal thou hadst for the salvation of souls, to obtain for me the grace to love God truly from my heart, and ever to weep for my sins even to my life's end, that I may at last receive the crown He has prepared for those who love Him.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

V. St. Philip, pray for us.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray.

O Lord, we beseech Thee, let the Holy Spirit inflame me with the same fire with which He did wonderfully penetrate the heart of Blessed Philip Thy Confessor. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home