Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The Feast of St. John Fisher, Bishop and Martyr, and St. Thomas More, Martyr
is today. There is information on them here and here.

"Good Lord, give me the grace to so spend my life, that when the day of my death shall come, though I may feel pain in my body, I may feel comfort in my soul; and with the faithful hope of Thy mercy, in due love towards Thee and charity towards the world, I may, through Thy grace, part hence into Thy glory. " - St. Thomas More

St. Thomas More happened to be one of the ancestors of the man who was the Bishop of Birmingham during most of the time when Venerable Newman lived there.

Today is also the anniversary of the ordination of Fr. Bryan Summers of the Pittsburgh Oratory to the priesthood. Ad multos annos, Fr. Bryan ! (He deliberately chose this feast day as his ordination day- as a former Anglican he felt it was only appropriate ! )

In addition, it is the feast of St. Paulinus of Nola, Bishop, and St. Joseph Cafasso, Priest.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home